2014 Cabinet Trends
New year, new kitchen. Many people have New Year’s resolutions about their home’s design—and the kitchen is a popular place to start. The cabinets, regardless of their color, style or size, have a significant impact on your kitchen’s overall design.
As we head into 2014, many homeowners are curious about the new cabinet trends that are emerging so that their kitchens can be up-to-date.
There are several cabinet trends to be aware of as you’re planning for your new kitchen design:
- Open shelving: Open shelving is popular for any kind of kitchen—just be careful about putting shelves too close to immediate cooking areas. Open shelves are great for displaying dishes and décor that complement the overall style of the kitchen.
- Glass-front cabinets: Cabinets with glass fronts can be expected in a growing number of kitchens this year. They are ideal for not only displaying dishware, but they can also help a small kitchen appear more airy and spacious, especially combined with light colors.
- Seamless design: Concealed or integrated appliances are “in” right now, and different cabinets and appliance garages can hide things like:
This allows for smooth, seamless kitchen design and provides a clutter-free, clean look for your space.
- Floor-to-ceiling cabinets: Full-height cabinets create adequate storage space, improving the aesthetic and balance of the kitchen. These floor-to-ceiling cabinets can be a mix of drawers and glass doors and can house everything from utensils, small appliances, cook books and linens in the same place. A floor-to-ceiling cabinet placed against a blank wall makes good use of the otherwise dead space.
- Darker Colors: Darker colors are becoming popular again, but be sure to offset dark shades with lighter ones (white, beige, pale blue, etc.) Also keep in mind that since dark colors may make a space feel smaller, it’s generally recommend to limit the dark color to just cabinetry, the ceiling, the floor, or one wall.
Also, although sustainability in kitchens is far from new, it may be much easier to achieve in 2014. Not only are manufacturers getting greener but home energy efficiency has become an expectation right from the get-go, rather than something to be considered later after the design is complete.
Cabinet Suppliers in MD, DC & VA
If you’re planning on remodeling your kitchen and want a space that will be up-to-date, attractive, and functional, the award-winning kitchen design team at Jack Rosen can help. Visit our showroom in Rockville, Maryland today or contact us to learn more about our cabinet services!
Tell Us About Your Project Ideas
Check Out Our Showroom in Rockville, MD
Address12223 Nebel Street
Showroom HoursMon. – Fri.9am – 6pm
Saturday10am – 4pm
Thinking of remodeling your home? We have a collection of FREE downloads to help you choose the best options for YOUR home.Download Now