Expert Kitchen Tips
Labor Day has come and gone—are you starting to think about the house again now that the kids are back in school? If you’ve been planning to remodel your kitchen, it can be helpful to think about it even before talking to professionals.
According to Liza Hausman, a vice president at Houzz, a home design website, “people are really looking to make the most of their space. They want practical and functional.”
We think there is some kitchen design advice from professionals and experts you should keep in mind:
- Stainless is still extremely popular, but there is growing interest in white ranges and refrigerators in a glossy finish (white can provide a timeless look).
- Kitchen design is trending more towards natural materials, textures, and layering with white and gray shades.
- If you want to go gray, be careful to not overwhelm the space—balance it out with white.
- LED lights can help you save on electricity, are cool, and last a really long time.
- Glass tile backsplashes can add “sparkle” to your space.
- Matte nickel finish complements stainless steel appliances and helps provide a minimalist look.
- Floating shelves have gained a lot of popularity.
- In the kitchen, people want to create a functional workspace but also a casual place to relax and be happy—a great way to combine both the work space and casual hang-out space is a kitchen island.
- Glass-front cabinets can create depth and make your kitchen feel look more spacious.
- If you don’t do a lot of cooking and don’t often prepare large meals, consider smaller, more compact, or even integrated appliances—like speed ovens, dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator drawers, etc.
If you’re planning to design a new kitchen, one of the best pieces of advice is to come up with a budget and splurge on what is most important.
Need a Kitchen Designer?
Are you looking for a kitchen design company in the Washington, DC metropolitan area? Look no further than Jack Rosen Custom Kitchens. For more than 30 years, we’ve provided award-winning kitchen design services for homeowners in Maryland, DC, and Virginia. Contact us today to learn more or stop by our showroom in Rockville!
Tell Us About Your Project Ideas
Check Out Our Showroom in Rockville, MD
Address12223 Nebel Street
Showroom HoursMon. – Fri.9am – 6pm
Saturday10am – 4pm
Thinking of remodeling your home? We have a collection of FREE downloads to help you choose the best options for YOUR home.Download Now