5 Genius Ways to Incorporate Built-In Cabinets in Your Home
Storage can be a deceptive challenge for any homeowner. Everything having a place is vital, but providing these spaces often presents problems of its own: storage isn’t always the prettiest home addition, and while you need an adequate amount of it, you also want it to fit seamlessly into your design. The solution? The team at Jack Rosen suggests built-in cabinets. Follow along and let’s have a look at five great ways to incorporate cabinetry seamlessly into your Rockville home.
What Are Built-In Cabinets?
Exactly as the name suggests, these are forms of custom cabinetry that blend seamlessly into other furnishings or features of your home. Built-in living room cabinets, for example, are great for keeping your kids (and yourself) organized and keep the common room clean. They are an attractive and effective means of saving space and keeping your home organized, while also not stepping on any figurative design toes.
Five Great Ways to Incorporate Built-in Cabinetry
The goal is to add the cabinetry in a way that fits your home, and fits into your home. There are many ways to achieve this, and our design team is more than happy to help you find the best options to suit you. But generally speaking, we find these five to be quite clever:
- Frame your doorways. While a gorgeous door frame can do much for a room, a more unique and functional idea brings built-in cabinetry and shelving into the picture to become the frame. It’s unique, it’s appealing, and it gives you somewhere to store those books and trinkets.
- Under the stairs. Not only are under stairs closets a complete mess to maintain, but they’re a bit out of date, too. Update to custom cabinetry more more organized and visually appealing space.
- Set them into your walls. Vertical space is notoriously underutilized in modern homes. We often clog the walls with art, or do nothing with it at all. Why not choose a unique
decorating option that also provides you with more out of the way storage? The results are beautiful, and with custom cabinetry the options here are endless in design.
- Platform or under bed built-in cabinets. Evict the dust bunnies and boogeymen, and you’ll find that there can be quite a bit of underused space underneath a bed. Built-in cabinetry and storage space can make this space useful, as well as add some lift if you prefer a higher bed.
- Convert desks. An office desk is handy in its own right, but if you’re using a desk that is little more than a platform for your PC, you’re losing out on some very effective home storage. Either opt for a new, more storage-functional desk, or seek custom built-in home office cabinets that can be seamlessly integrated with your desk.
Custom Built-in Cabinets
Unsure of where to start? Or, better yet, have an idea for built-in storage, but not sure how exactly to go about it? In either case, our expert design team can help! The professionals at Jack Rosen have been providing superior solutions in cabinetry for Rockville and the surrounding areas for years, and we would love to assist you in your new project. Contact our team online today to get started!
Tell Us About Your Project Ideas
Check Out Our Showroom in Rockville, MD
Address12223 Nebel Street
Showroom HoursMon. – Fri.9am – 6pm
Saturday10am – 4pm
Thinking of remodeling your home? We have a collection of FREE downloads to help you choose the best options for YOUR home.Download Now