Questions You’ll Hear from Your Kitchen Designer
Are you getting ready to remodel your kitchen? You have many different decisions to make, and it can be overwhelming. But with the right kitchen design team, the project can be enjoyable.
We’ve talked about questions to ask your kitchen designer, but keep in mind that your kitchen designer will also be asking you questions so they can get a better idea of your lifestyle, needs, and design preferences.
Kitchen Design Questionnaire
Some questions you may hear from your kitchen designer include:
Lifestyle & Needs
- How many people will be using the kitchen/how large is your family?
- Do you have young children?
- Do you have family members with physical disabilities?
- Do you need to accommodate more family members?
- Are you planning to entertain in your kitchen? If so, how often?
- Will other activities take place in your kitchen besides cooking?
- Do you sit down and dine in more often, or do you prefer to eat a quick meal on the go?
- Would you prefer to be environmentally friendly?
- What do you want to change about your current kitchen?
- What parts of your current kitchen do you like?
- What style do you prefer (contemporary, classic traditional, country, etc.)?
- What colors do you like and dislike?
- Are you interested in low-maintenance materials?
Design Preferences & Desires
Kitchen designers also learn specifics about your current space to make improvements and ensure higher efficiency and better enjoyment for you.
- What style is the rest of your house?
- Does your kitchen need more light?
- What area do you need to expand (storage space, counter surfaces, floor area, etc.)?
- How large is your house (in square feet)?
- How old is your house?
- What is your budget?
- When is your completion goal for the remodel?
- How did you hear about our company?
You may not get asked all of these questions, and you may hear some questions that aren’t on this list—but you will most likely hear a lot of these questions (or similar ones). After all, custom kitchen designers need all this information to produce an end result that is perfectly tailored to your lifestyle, needs, and aesthetic tastes!
Rockville, MD Area Custom Kitchen Designers
If you live in Rockville, Maryland or surrounding areas in Montgomery County or the DC metropolitan region, Jack Rosen Custom Kitchens is the kitchen design company you need. For over 30 years, we have been helping local homeowners bring their dream kitchens to life.
Tell Us About Your Project Ideas
Check Out Our Showroom in Rockville, MD
Address12223 Nebel Street
Showroom HoursMon. – Fri.9am – 6pm
Saturday10am – 4pm
Thinking of remodeling your home? We have a collection of FREE downloads to help you choose the best options for YOUR home.Download Now