Top Kitchen Design Mistakes to Avoid with Your Kitchen Remodel
Over our many years of service, the expert design team at Jack Rosen has come across nearly every design decision and style imaginable. And while some have inspired awe and built gorgeous, ideal kitchen spaces, some others have proven to create more problems than they are worth. These design mistakes not only impede progress on your project, but can even create situations where the whole design had to be scrapped. Follow along to learn the biggest don’ts in kitchen design!
Our team of design specialists have helped homeowners gain their ideal, dream kitchen space countless times. If you’re ready to find the perfect custom cabinetry and countertop solutions for your kitchen design in Potomac, contact Jack Rosen today!
Top Kitchen Design Mistakes We’ve Seen
When pursuing a kitchen design in Potomac there are many decisions to make. You must align function with aesthetic appeal, and create a space that both adequately suits your needs and suits your personal tastes. Overall, the process is one of the most rewarding experiences a homeowner can have, but it can also be one of the most daunting.
To help you in your pursuit of the perfect kitchen, our experts have detailed the biggest mistakes we’ve seen in Potomac kitchen design:
- Inadequate storage. While some issues can certainly seem larger or more costly, we place a large amount of stress on this point because it is extremely easy to allow this to happen. Always be sure to include a large amount of cabinet, drawer, and counter storage for your design. If you get near finishing only to find that you have no space to put appliances, utensils, and common kitchen items, you may well have to start fresh from the start.
- Poor kitchen function and flow. When all is said and done, your kitchen has to be able to function. Aesthetic design is exceptionally subjective, and what you find gorgeous is what is important. But if your kitchen cannot function as a kitchen, then you may as well have designed a living room. Be mindful of countertop placement, appliance locations, and room access to ensure your kitchen flows.
- Insufficient lighting. You must be able to meld aesthetic and task lighting, lest you be left in the dark when you actually begin cooking in your kitchen space. Consult your design team closely to ensure you have adequate light for your final design.
- No solid design plan. Late-game changes can range from miniscule and of no consequence, to a start over at the drawing board. Not only can this make your renovation into a long, drawn-out nightmare, but it can cost you double or even triple what you had budgeted. Be sure you adore your design before you break ground.
- Working without the aid of professionals. Before going gung-ho on your own, consider the benefits of working with a professional design team. We have years if not decades of experience, extensive knowledge, networks of suppliers and contractors; all resources you should take full advantage to build your dream kitchen.
Ready to build the kitchen design of your dreams? Contact Jack Rosen today to work with the best in the business for your kitchen design in Potomac!
Tell Us About Your Project Ideas
Check Out Our Showroom in Rockville, MD
Address12223 Nebel Street
Showroom HoursMon. – Fri.9am – 6pm
Saturday10am – 4pm
Thinking of remodeling your home? We have a collection of FREE downloads to help you choose the best options for YOUR home.Download Now